General Terms and Conditions of Business of meetalike GbR, Stuttgart, This is an automated translation. The original german version is the legally binding version.
- Scope of application
For all bookings of our services, especially via our website https://meetalike.de (additional domains may be used), the following terms and conditions apply:
- Subject matter of the contract
- We exclusively arrange the possibility of moderated participation in meetings with usually up to 24 participants. These meetings generally take place in restaurants or other suitable locations. The participants meet in the evening one after the other in three different restaurants or other suitable places. There, the participants can get to know each other better. Finally, all participants come together for a joint meeting.
- We provide as a service the dates of the meetings (place, if necessary address of the restaurant and table, beginning as well as duration). The participants also have the opportunity to electronically communicate their sympathy for another participant in real time during the meeting. In case of mutual sympathy, both participants will be given the opportunity for direct electronic communication. Details result after No. 5.
- Each participant is responsible for his or her own meals at the restaurant and for traveling to the restaurant. The restaurants are not our vicarious agents. Services provided by the restaurants, such as a free drink, are provided exclusively by the restaurants.
- Conclusion of the contract
- Our customers can book as follows:
- Selection of the desired meeting on the homepage or on the registration page.
- Checking the data of the meeting on the meeting page
- Entering the customer data (first name, last name, e-mail address, cell phone number, gender, age, personality questions, interests).
- Selection of the registration option and, if necessary, the e-mail address of the team partner
- Entry of payment details
- Binding booking request by clicking the “Book” button
- Our customers can book as follows:
(If you have chosen the payment method PayPal, you submit a binding booking request at the time of your confirmation of the payment instruction to PayPal).
- We confirm the booking immediately by an automatically generated e-mail. The content of this e-mail determines the contractual services.
- There is no claim to the conclusion of the contract. We can reject a registration without giving reasons.
- Conditions of participation and duties of the user
- Only persons who have reached the age of 21 and have full legal capacity are admitted to our meetings.
- The customer commits himself,
- to fill in the personal data truthfully,
- to register companions/other customers only with their consent. The data of the further customers are to be filled out likewise truthfully,
- to treat all participating persons politely and respectfully during the meetings.
- We will not verify the data that a user makes during the registration process.
- Identification of individuals is limited on the Internet. Therefore, we cannot exclude the possibility that false contact information is provided during registration. We do not guarantee the identity of the participants of the meetings.
- We reserve the right to block the customer from meetings if there are reasonable grounds for suspicion, especially with regard to a violation of these terms and conditions by the customer.
- The locations of the meetings have been carefully checked. Nevertheless, we cannot assure the quality of the services provided by third parties on site, especially the restaurant.
- We are not liable for the services provided by the inns of the meetings.
- The user agrees to the exchange of his contact data (first name, initials of the surname, phone number), interests, personality questions and profile picture with the other participants. The phone number will be exchanged only in case of a “match”, i.e. mutual sympathy. (see 5.3)
- Sequence of meetings
- The customers or participants are grouped appropriately on the basis of their data.
- Each participant receives an e-mail 24 to 48 hours before the meeting, in which the exact course of the evening is explained. In particular, we inform them when the customer will be assigned to which location.
- Shortly before the meetings we send the participant again the current dates of the meetings. The participant is also informed about the names of the participants of this group as well as the way to express sympathy.
- If the participant is interested in another participant during the meetings, the participant informs us electronically through the given way. If two participants express mutual interest, a so-called “match” results. We send to both participants the phone number of the other participant. (Example: Person A writes to the provider “Person B likes me”. Person B writes to the provider “Person A likes me”. There is a match between person A and B. Person A receives the phone number of person B. Person B receives the phone number of person A).
- The possibility of a match remains possible for another 5 days after the meeting.
- The house right remains with the restaurants where we reserve the tables. The pubs will be chosen in a way that there are no strict admission criteria, so that everybody has access to the pub if possible. We are not liable if admission is denied by the pub.
- Cancellation, rescheduling of a meeting
- If the customer wants to choose another date, he can send us an e-mail with the desired date up to 7 days before the beginning of the meetings. We will then check the possibility of participation in the other date and, if necessary, confirm it.
- If the booked meeting cannot be held, mainly because there are too few registrations, we have the right to rebook the customer to a subsequent date up to 24 hours before the originally scheduled meeting.
- The customer may object to this rebooking within 3 days and propose another date, or request a refund of the participation fee.
- If the customer does not object to the rebooking, he is considered booked for the next meeting.
- Regulations due to COVID 19
- Each participant is obliged to comply with the hygiene rules in force on site because of COVID-19, especially the AHA formula.The AHA formula is:
- “Keep your distance!”:Keep at least 1.5 meters distance to fellow human beings
- “Observe hygiene measures!”:Cough and sneeze into the crook of your arm or into a handkerchief, and wash and disinfect your hands regularly.
- “Everyday mask wearing!”: Wearing a mouth-nose covering
- We reserve the right to adjust the meetings of the participants to the current COVID-19 regulations, especially with regard to hospitality or number of participants.
- A complete protection against an infection with COVID-19 is not possible. We exclude our liability in this respect.
- We guarantee an accessibility of the contractual services held ready for retrieval of 99.5% on an annual average. If the website or the news service should not work, we try to solve the problem immediately. The customer has no warranty claims due to such temporary technical failures.
- For claims based on damages caused by us, its legal representatives or vicarious agents, we are always liable without limitation
- in case of injury to life, body or health
- in case of intentional or grossly negligent breach of duty
- in the case of warranty promises, insofar as agreed, or
- insofar as the scope of application of the Product Liability Act is opened.
- In the event of a slightly negligent breach of essential contractual obligations, the fulfillment of which is a prerequisite for the proper execution of the contract and the observance of which the contractual partner may regularly rely on (cardinal obligations) by us, our legal representatives or vicarious agents, the amount of liability shall be limited to the damage foreseeable at the time of conclusion of the contract, the occurrence of which must typically be expected.
- Otherwise, claims for damages are excluded.
- A change of the burden of proof to the disadvantage of the customer is not connected with the above regulations.
- Money back guarantee
If the customer does not like the meeting, he can contact us in writing within 7 days and explain the reason of displeasure in detail. Thereupon the customer will be refunded the participation fee.
- Prices, payment
- The prices quoted do not include the statutory sales tax, as we are exempt from sales tax in accordance with § 19 UStG.
- The following payment methods are available:
In the booking process, the customer is redirected to the website of the online provider PayPal. In order to pay the invoice amount via PayPal, the customer must be registered there or register first, legitimize with his access data and confirm the payment instruction to us. After booking, we request PayPal to initiate the payment transaction. The payment transaction is automatically carried out by PayPal immediately thereafter. By using PayPal, the customer agrees to the terms and conditions of PayPal. PayPal is a service from a third party provider, for which we assume no liability.
- Sofort by klarna
After booking, the customer is redirected to the website of the online provider Sofort GmbH. In order to pay the invoice amount via Sofort, the customer must have a bank account activated for online banking, legitimize himself accordingly and confirm the payment instruction to us. The customer will receive further instructions during the booking process. The payment transaction is carried out immediately afterwards by Sofort and the customer’s account is debited. By using Sofort by klarna, the customer agrees to the terms and conditions of Sofort by klarna. Sofort by klarna is a service from a third-party provider, for which we assume no liability.
- Credit card
In the booking process the customer receives an input mask to enter his credit card payment details. In order to pay the invoice amount by credit card, the customer needs a valid credit card, has to insert his corresponding data and confirm the booking by clicking the “Book” button. The payment transaction is then carried out by the respective credit card provider and the customer’s credit card is charged.
- Dispute resolution
The European Commission provides a platform for online dispute resolution (OS), which the customer can find here. We are not obliged or willing to participate in a dispute resolution procedure before a consumer arbitration board.
- The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply exclusively.
- The contract remains binding in its remaining parts even if individual points are legally invalid. This shall not apply if adherence to the contract would represent an unreasonable hardship for one party.